shakemyhand
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphireZ View Post
THIS DIY IS FOR 2003 Z4 2.5i MANUAL
do this when the car is fairly warm but not burning hot as you will be working near the exhaust. and again, dont' sue me if you make a mistake..and if you are not mechanically inclined, bring it to me i charge a lot

tools required
1)8mm socket wrench
2)jack
3) FOUR jack stands
4)1 quart of 75w-90 oil of your choice...mine being Mobile 1
5)Hand Pump
6)14mm hex socket. there's a DIY for this instead of buying. Honestly though, i forget if its 12 or 14 lol

My way of jacking up all four tires safely.
1)jack driver side only, put the jackstand under the lower control arm.
2)do the same on the passengerside
3)go to the rear, look at the center where the two bars come together and bolts on. Jack from there to a position and place jackstands under the factory jack location on the sides

1)get the car in the air. all 4 tires off, and in somewhat of a leveled position.

2)notice where you jacked up the car in the rear? well there is the silver covering, you need to remove the rear half of it by using 8mm socket wrench

3)when done, look for the FILL plug, it's kind of slanted...unscrew that with the 14mm hex socket.

4)then unscrew the DRAIN plug...oh don't forget to put something underneath to catch the oil and tighten drain plug

5)using the hand pump, pump diff oil in until it oozes out of the fill hole

6)again, take the car down in a safe manner, use a common sense and you are done!
Thank you for the pictures and the information. Mike
Appreciate 0