View Single Post
      05-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #29
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

I've thought about buying a set of aggressive track pads (i.e. Hawk HT 10) to scour off the rotors to see if that would help. Notwithstanding the fact they would cost about $200 just for the front, since this car is still under warranty, why should I spend this kind of money chasing an unknown. At this point, it's still BMW's problem to fix this and I didn't want to do anything that might give them any reason to deny the warranty claim. As for discussions about deposits and improper bedding, I've been doing brakes on BMW's for 25 years. I know how to properly bed in brakes and I know what NOT to do to avoid deposits. As I said earlier, I took the rotors and pads off looking for a cause. Before putting them back together, I used scotch-brite pads and brake cleaner to try and get off any kind of deposits. These rotors looked like brand new when I put them back on. Unfortunately, it had no effect on the car--hence it is now at the dealer, again. Thanks for all of your input. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0