Stupid as shit
Austria
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerra View Post
Hello,

After a year-plus hiatus, I'm back.

If pure power is what you want, then you cant beat supercharging.
FI and track driving (depending on how much you do) don't always go
hand in hand unless you really have all of the cooling issues sorted out (all you have to do is open the posts of all the limp mode headaches people went through before getting things working reliably)

I decided to go the N/A route, and am happy I did. I think it fits the chassis well.
No overheating to worry abt, no limp modes, pure N/A goodness.

At this point I have just about every N/A mod you can get before going to an all out bottom end build (hopefully this winter

The car is making 334 SAE whp on a Dynojet (have to make sure when you quote whp numbers you are referring to the same mfgr dyno), and make sure they are SAE corrected (uncorrected I am running 349whp)

On the car currently (just engine)

Turner underdrive pulleys
Fabspeed headers
DKF section 1 (no cats anywhere)
RPI exhaust
Evolve Carbon airbox
Epic Tune
288/280 cams
replaced rod bearings
removed A/C

Dinan3.91 Differential
light-weight flywheel

remember the differential will not change whp, much in the same way
you will have the same whp reading regardless of whether you do a 3rd, 4th or 5th gear pull (always try to do in the gear that has a 1:1 ratio)

as far as power goes, the cams, headers and airbox, all made the most noticeable gains in power (were added separately)

Also before you start adding gobbs of power, decide what your ultimate goal is.... if you eventually want to time trial / hillclimb, you will start seeing your points and thus car competing class skyrocket once you go forced induction.

as a side note and shameless self plug, Samsonas dog-box trans w/ straight cut gears have made it in to the beast this yr!
How is the airbox working out for you? Does your heel toe work for rev matching?
Appreciate 0