View Single Post
      06-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #83
DarkRift
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire

Long time lurker, first time poster chiming in with possibly useful information...

- The Sport button LED stays lit and the "SD" is displayed on the dash indicator when I have pressed the Sport button. The button stays lit until I either manually turn it off or shut off the Zed.

- The Sport button LED does not light up when I switch to auto-stick operation by moving the shifter to the left; however the "SD" is displayed on the dash indicator.

- The Sport button LED does not light up when I switch to auto-stick operation by using the steering wheel paddle shifters; however the "SD" is displayed on the dash indicator.

- I can feel, and people outside the vehicle can actually see, the Zed physically move or change stance when I activate the Sport button while sitting still. I assume this is due to the vehicle altering suspension profiles. The effect does not occur when changing to auto-stick mode alone via shifter or paddles.

- Activating the Sport button and switching to auto-stick mode via shifter or paddles does provide a distinctly different (aka improved) experience than when I simply go to auto-stick mode alone even though the dash displays "SD".

For reference, I'm rolling a 2006 Z4 3.0si with the full sport package on board.

YMMV...
Appreciate 0