View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #95
A4RingedONE8T
Private
Rep
Drives: Turbo ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
Would it have saved some breathe by just saying 'Retail on the ProEFI harness & ECU alone is almost the budget for this build total ?'.

Obviously A4RIngedONE8T is as determined to discourage this low-buck project as he can.

Which is odd in that most of us on this forum have been complimentary on your build thread.

This is one of those builds where joy could be had if a $700.00 DIY'er ECU such as MegaSquirt would fit the bill. Oh wait.....they do ! That includes harness and sensors in most cases.
I have already mentioned somewhere in this thread the base cost for the ProEFI for the Z4M, and then it's posted that it's going to be had for $1,200. Clearly what I said went right over everyone's head and they assumed otherwise. I'm just telling the facts, again, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
I'm with Dark - still no reason to be posting pictures of his build in another person's thread.
Weak-sauce
That E30 is a perfect example of what's going to happen if someone jumps into this for "5 grand." The E30 build was started by another shop, after 3 years, and still no running car, the plug was pulled and it was brought to us to attempt to save the car, and the customers soul. In a very short time the car was running and we began to find all the opps's from the last shop trying to do things on a budget. Some projects just can't be done on a budget and the Z4M is most definitely one of them. Hell, we get other people's screws ups in here all the time, remedy them, and send the customer back on their way happier than they could have imagined. There's a reason why we are so stubborn with our opinions, it's because they are true! I'm not telling you to bring us your car because I wouldn't touch it for an insufficient amount of money, I'm just telling you to use your brain and all the resources in the industry before you jump into a build you can't handle. No one deserves a Z4M as a paperweight
Appreciate 0