View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #92
ZooyorQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
Oh I think it was clear. Sort of like your pictures of your build in another persons thread 'clear',lol.

Cockblocking but informative at its finest.

But you are correct Andrew....if the tune isn't spot on-(with whomevers ecu is used).....thousands of dollars in damage can result.But I think we already got that one too.

Sort pointing a light where there was no darkness really.

Anyway.....hopefully something can come from the outcry for this kit. I've moved on anyway since my Z isn't an M and really doesn't apply to this build request.

I did go ahead and buy some catless AR Designs Stainless downpipes and a set of low mile OEM N54 turbos and manifolds.

If I get time to work with someone like AEM, MegaSquirt or whoever wants to try an S.I. N52 F.I. project...I can do the rest of the fab.
Trust me.. it may look like Lutz is trying to drum up business with pretty pictures/etc.. but they're not.. they're genuine car enthusiasts and Shawn is simply trying to help someone avoid getting into a turbo kit that they can't afford.. and what I mean by that is.. if you're stretching to put together a $5k turbo kit you'd better..

a.) Know what you're doing and be doing it yourself
b.) Be being a tried and true solution
or
c.) Have an extra $15k in the bank 'in case' .. because I can guarantee you you're going to be dipping into that.

Not trying to discourage ANYONE from attempting to build a budget solution.. but I am trying to discourage anyone from having someone else try to do it with their car.. with BMW's and VANOS .. and Drive By Wire, and Piggy Backing/Etc.. its not that simple.
Appreciate 0