ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Sound advice.

Were you able to get the one you bought up and running? Those who have got the software itself running are using tech professionals, so if you did get it to run, props. But using it, after it's installed, is another story as well. There are forums developed to that proposition exclusively.

I went the V1.4.0 route myself. Doesn't do everything, but it was a simple driver install (copy the file to disk) and then connect the cable, and bang, it works. I runs diagnostics, reports faults, clears codes, allows for basic programming features, and can code new modules (assuming your brave enough to try that).
Yes, I followed the instructions and it took about six hours to get the software package installed. Having to install VMWARE Workstation first has it’s own set of complications that I never wanted to be involved in. Never the less it worked abet with many associated complications along the long and winding way.

INPA and EDIABAS and DIS were all running. However, there were not at all as intuitive to operate as I had hoped for. I finally got everything installed after 6+ hrs of torment only to find the package was largely unusable with my level of programming knowledge. The online forums devoted to these areas of expertise I have concluded to be frequented by some of the biggest bunch of conceited and unhelpful Pricks on the face of this Earth that after reading a few introductory posts I was permanently turned off without even registering to ask a simple question that others have been more or less bitch slapped for their troubles.

I guess I expected that being official BMW programs they would be ‘better’ than others which indeed they may well be but certainly not easier to use for the average BMW enthusiast than 1.4.0 looks to be.

Have ordered 1.4.0 and I will report back once installed.

Even though it may not do everything, neither does my girlfriend which at the end of the day is no big deal as long as the main functions work A-OK.

I am only looking for basic coding functions and fault reading ability which I guess 1.4.0 will be much better suited to my needs.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0