11-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
I hate to keep on derailing from your thread (my apologies)
No problem. I posted in the "wheels" section rather than photos section because I thought there might be some technical discussion around fitment. Keep "derailing" as needed!

Quote:
I completely agree with the 9.5" wheel. I completely forgot about the extra tread that is added with the increase wheel width. Even though I may screw myself over with a SCCA class (even though that may change with the letter I wrote) the car will be MUCH more fun to drive on the track and auto-x with a square set-up and massive camber
Are you appealing the class for the Z4M? I may run a 255/35 265/35 set up at some point.

Quote:
I was thinking ET 35 upfront and ET 22 in the rear. Should be enough with extra camber (i'm hopping I don't have to go adjustable control arms in the rear).

Does anyone know if 17" Wheels will fit? The only problem is that I'll be forced to run staggered
Yes, they will fit. There's a 17 x 9.5 ET35, and a 17 x 10 ET25.

Colakitty is running 17s (but 10.5 rear). I wonder if there are any concerns with the larger sidewall, flex, and tire movement? Sidewall design, and rim width would help manage this though.

Quote:
Lots of good information here. I run 265 RS3s in the rear with stock OEM wheels and I rub on the inner plastic wall. I had to add a 5mm spacer (running -1.5* camber)
Thanks. Yes, lots of variables. But worth thinking through, along with objectives and needs, to get the best fit and performance.
Appreciate 0