08-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #192
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
toms got booooosssstttt!!!!!

tom i simply refuse to believe your hankooks can live with the vt2 at this boost...... tell me the trust... do you feel like the grim reeper is sat on your shoulder everytime you drive????

i wish we could lean out the tune alittle and run meth/water injection, thats an easy 40rwhp.........

have you got an aftermarket exhaust on your car?? when you do, you will simply be shocked at how the exhaust "note" changes with boost.... its really changed the noise my car makes, Cfrine88 also noted a louder and different note to the exhaust, i suppose its got air beign forced in, it will change the tone somewhat.
its odd, they're completely worthless in 1st gear, yet stick pretty damn well in 2nd gear. This morning the air was much colder, and I could feel more torque everywhere. I'd actually play with the throttle by curling the toes inside my shoes, I'm funny like that. One little touch and the car responds with forward progress

I think with a handheld tuner, and an a/f ratio chart, ess theoretically SHOULD be able to tune this car for meth from a remote location. It may take a few runs though

I only have the cat-less euro headers, and the rest of the exhaust is stock. I'm 99% sure the secondary cats on the US cars are less restrictive than the EURO cars because they're shorter inside. Even with this setup, I can get the car to burp and pop when I poke the gas pedal, I even get very slight drone if I'm in the wrong gear. Because of this, and that I drive 12k+ miles a year, sometimes with clients, I don't want to make the car any louder. The only thing I don't like is the weight of the rear mufflers. I like the sleeper look from the back though, and overall the car is fairly quiet on partial throttle