10-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Lon, did you run any before/after dynos with this tune? I know there were some dyno days some time back, but I can't find any results. Since you have headers, etc., etc. a before/after would be interesting to see if you have it.

"Tune" is on my list to do one of these days, and like others, deciding on which to go with is still an open question.
Yes, I've dynoed absolutely every performance modification made to my car in comparison to the car's baseline, all on the same dyno and operator.
As for the AA tune's dyno, it should be under a thread I created called Active Autowerk ECU tune success. It yielded almost 30whp from tune alone. I had no muffler cannisters during baseline, but IMHO that doesn't change any power output, as most of our exhaust restrictions are in the headers, section 1, and section 2. I've yet to see another tune yield the same peak gains, but that doesn't necessarily mean AA is the best. I believe that all mail order ROM tunes are pretty much the same. It's a generic mapping to accomodate a wide range of modifications/setups. If judging by price alone, then AA is the cheapest I know of.

Edit: did a quick search. Here's the link to the tune's dynos.
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449998

Last edited by mfanatic325; 10-31-2012 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0