Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecobra View Post
I have a 2006 MCoupe and my wife drives a 2003 S2000. We have had both cars for a while but not since new. The S2000 is a Honda and has required nothing more than oil changes and a set of brake pads at around 72k miles and a couple sets of tires. I could have put another 20k on the pads but I already had the new ones so I put them on. I figure it is the last set of pads the car will need while we own it.

The MCoupe has cost more to maintain and currently has an airbag light on due to a problem with the slip ring in the steering wheel and has also developed a very slight oil leak. Doesn't leak enough to have to add any between changes, but enough to smell it in the garage after it has been parked for a few minutes.

That said, I still like the MCoupe better due to the way it drives and it is more powerful. Plus the M is a little bigger and at 6'2" I fit in the S2000 but after a few miles I start feeling claustrophobic without the top down.

The BMW is going to be a little more expensive to buy parts for if you need them. It probably costs more to get it worked on if you take it to a dealer as well. So far I have done all of our maintenance because I just do not trust the dealer and haven't found any good local independent shops. But we have 2 other vehicles to drive so it isn't a problem if one of the cars is on jackstands for a few weeks.

The price sounds good, I paid 25k for mine a little over a year ago and it had more miles, but also had about 15k in mods on it.
I owned a heavily modified S2000 over 6 years ago and Z4MC about a year ago and have to say that both cars are very tiny and I am 6'1" and 195 pounds. When I went to full roll cage and bucket seats that was it. Sold the S2000 in 2005 or 2006. I got tired of back pain so moved to an X5 and M3 and have had no problems. Much more room and much more comfortable cars/SUVs.

I bought my 2007 Z4MC with 18000 miles with warranty for $31,900 in 2010 out the door with tax. S2000 was great. Did everything myself or with friends. Z4MC was under warranty but is costly.
Appreciate 0