07-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Roadster - feedback wanted

During a Meet & Greet tonight with the local BMW CCA chapter my wife befriended a BMW CCA member new to this area. It turns out she has a 2006 Z4 M Roadster that she's interested in selling. She had all the original documentation in the car with her, including the Monroney sticker.

The car is Interlagos Blue with Black Nappa Leather interior, Carbon Leather Trim, 6MT, Premium Package, Navigation, and Heated Seats and are what I remember. ~60,000 miles and just had Inspection II done. Second owner, car well cared for, new rear tires and at least half tread on the front. Curb rash on all four original wheels. Interior and trunk were a little messy and the car probably needs a good detailing but the seat and steering wheel leather looked good with a small wear mark near the left thumb rest. Right cup holder broken. Our club president came out to look at the car. He's one of the top service technicians at a local dealer and has offered to do an inspection for me and said that he can access the service records. After speaking to her he thinks that it must have an extended maintenance warranty. It was getting dark when I looked at the car so I didn't get a really good look and I haven't driven it yet. My wife was quite surprised as I had never mentioned looking for a Z4 M Roadster to her before. I currently drive a 2000 S2000, I'd like a BMW M car, and it would probably be between a Z4 M or an E46 M3 or wait until 2015 for the new M4, which I might do any way.

I'd appreciate any feedback about what this car might be worth and whether this might be the really good find that it seems like. She said that some guy offered her $24,000 but eventually backed out. I mentioned $22,000 and she seemed amenable. MSN says ~$25,000, KBB says $24,000-$25,000. What appeals to me initially is that everything that I would order the car with if I were to order it new is already on the car (interior and exterior color, Premium Package, 6MT, and heated seats).

Eagerly awaiting feedback!

Appreciate 0