View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #32
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
What is the stock VF setup for our cars?
- psi of stock kit
- crank pulley diameter (confirm please that M54B30 is 5.185")
- supercharger pulley diameter

I know that using this:
https://vortechsuperchargers.com/pag...eed-calculator

You can start to dive into alternate pulley setups.

- Is my understanding correct that the M54B30 should be able to hold 8psi reliably?
- Can the VF kit handle this as well with a smaller pulley?
- The impeller speed is given via Vortech but how do I go back to determining pressure?
First and foremost I would like to commend, recommend and thank Josh aka Pokeybritches for the time and effort he has put in so far helping me fine tune the ECU tuning on my engine.
His willingness to explain and illustrate the workings of our ECU and deliver the explained changes is exceptional

My engine is now responsive and more powerful than it has ever been and there is still so much more we can do.

The kit that VF ships claims 6.5# at max rpm. I believe the kit as delivered will deliver slightly more boost than that.
The pulley in the kit as delivered is a 3.6ish from memory although VF did ship me a 4.00 a year after I had recieved the kit citing they had sent the wrong pulley. Maybe they discovered the kit did deliver more than the advertised 6.5#.

Crank pulley is 5.5 on my M54B30. Not sure where I got the 5.185 from.

I am currently running a 2.62 pulley

I have regularly seen boost pressure on my gauge of 8psi at 4250rpm. I have taken rpm’s higher but cannot verify any boost #’s
The only engine internal mods I have made is to put in ARP head studs.

Not sure how you work impeller speed back to boost#.
I can tell you that the V3si if ran with a 2.62 pulley on an M54 with a 5.5 crank pulley at redline and 100% throttle would be 23# which equates to a boat load of rwhp.

Plans are in the works for a liquid to air intercooler which means even more boost.

Lastly I implore you to reach out to Josh. You will not regret it.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
3GFX722.50