View Single Post
      12-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #30
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
All I can is WOW ! These tires are even better than I could have imagined. Crazy sticky, seem stiff in the cornering dept, great standing start traction. I used Turtle Wax Enduro Black ( it's a shiny black dye ) on them. They shine sooooo nicely now. Plus it lasts for 6 months, love this product.

Now, can anyone tell me why there is so much sticky brake dust on my wheels ?

I have read that Akebono brake pads will produce no dust. Anyone have any experience with these or others ? Looking for maximum stopping power, reduced heat build up to combat fade. I don't really care about longevity, since I will drive aggressively, but put less than 5K/yr on car.

Thanks to all that advised me to spend more to get more of what I wanted.

I will go to my first driving event Dec 17 with FAST AutoX in Brooksville.
You can have clean wheels or really good brakes. Not much option in between. The Akebono's will leave your wheels spotless and are good for street driving. They need some heat to develop initial grip so you'll feel the need for a lot of pedal pressure when they're cold so first runs at an autocross event are "interesting". You'll get plenty of mileage out of them, but if you do an actual track day (PDX, HPDE, etc.) you'll note a lot of braking power loss once they start to get warm.