View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 11:44 AM   #26
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Camber settings / suspension

I found out through local BMW Stealership ( $ 280 for an oil change ) that my car was owned by a retired professional race car driver in the area, they have sold 10 BMW's to him over the last 15 years and he owns a local race shop. No wonder I couldn't find ANY service records at first. The service manager actually printed everything out for me, that he had done then cut his info out.

I have had the car up on a lift, at a generic mechanic shop near the indy dealer BEFORE I bought from MyVehicleAgent.com. He did a full look over ( with me at his side ) then he plugged in a diagnostic hand held and it checked 37 features and they all turned up amazing numbers. I'm half a gear head at best, but in not knowing exactly what to look for, I'm not sure what I have. I do have a local ( with in walking distance ) shop called German Imports, I have friends that have used the shop for years and love them. Got a quick visual inspection Fri from Mechanic that has worked there for 25 years. He was impressed with car. He said he has never seen a Z4MR in the shop. One of the things I liked about this car is that they are NOT common. But of course there is the negative side to this, as not a lot of mechanics know this car and it's needs. Just another reason I'm THANKFUL for this forum. I'm checking around some other shops in Clearwater/St Pete, hoping to find a performance oriented shop.

I did not mention this in previous post I got the RE-71's in
235-40 / 265-35

I have to look into Plastic Dipping the wheels, didn't even know I could.

I've been warned by a good friend who worked for Vogue Wheels, to stay away from quick cheap powder coatings. They wont last long.

Thanks Everyone, JJ

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 11-29-2016 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0