View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mnycars View Post
Thanks Rick! Fascinating. Beautiful images. Incredible Tale. I feel so blessed that you share your journeys with us.
I had missed this one; appreciate finding it today, with your help.

911 is in the garage, with battery tender plugged in. We have snowtires on, so we can take it out. (We set out on a butter tart quest a couple of weeks ago. We had a route, and bakeries selected by the newspaper experts. North of Highway 7 we encountered blowing snow. We were happy we had the winter Pirellis on the 911. found a wonderful restaurant filled with farmers and truckers. They made room, and we stayed. The butter tart was worth the trip! The things I do after weigh in, at Weight Watchers.)

Thanks for the incredible tale! Appreciate the friendship here.

DaveL
Dave,

I'm glad you found (and liked) the haunted house tour. I've almost caught up with my reports--only one more to go, unless I get back out on the road before it's written. Actually, my most recent trip was done in two parts, since I ran out of daylight long before I finished the route. But I'll combine it into one report (and see if anyone notices the change in light conditions three-fourths of the way through!)

Regarding the 911, it's amazing how "usable" they are year-round, despite their supercar capabilities. For comparison, imagine driving any of the newer Ferraris in Canada all year! I'm glad you found Canada's Best Butter Tart.

Your subsequent post nicely summed up the camaraderie associated with cars and driving. I've had complete strangers give me a tour of their town, and it's always fun to "compare places been and things done" with other enthusiasts.

Rick
Appreciate 0