MPOWERD
Rep
Drives: 2010 M6

Garage List
2006 Z4M  [8.00]
2010 BMW M6  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbanick View Post
Matt thanks for putting together the website and allowing us to host/share data through it.

Install is complete but I'm having issues installing windows XP on my computer so can't access the can bus info just yet. Tempted to just buy a cheap windows based laptop and be done with it.

Install went ok, the hardest part is taping into the ECU wires...there is no wiggle room. I actually shaved down the wire taps to make them as small as possible.

The only thing i am not completely thrilled about is the hardwire power source. Ideally I would like to have a switched power source, so I don't have to worry about killing battery should I forget to disconnect the wire to the solo at the track. If anyone knows of a switched 12V source by within the ECU box please let me know.

Frank thanks again for the DIY, I could not have done this without it.

Soo mad I can't install the OS on my computer to check everything out!
I know what you mean about no room with the wires, I ended up just cutting one to unwind it to have a little more room. Not what I wanted to do but it got the job done.

Heading down to VIR tomorrow for Sunday on Patriot course and Monday Full course. I'll try and capture and post all the data that I get, also will post some video's.

I did notice when I exported the data to bring into Dashware that when I selected all channels of data it had problems so just had to select a few channels of data and all laps from my test runs. I believe this is due to some of my channels, gear selector is one, that is not working. Will be very interested if you run into the same thing or if it's just something screwy. I have the most current firmware on the data logger so I know it's not that, anyways there's a workaround for the gear selector channel so no big deal.
BMWCCA #442445

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Randy23185
Appreciate 0