08-31-2016, 07:06 PM   #19
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Gent View Post
Hey going to track events with your kid sounds like a blast! I would recommend attending BMW CCA events, if you already have not. I've never been to one but from what I see it looks like a really family oriented crowd. Might be something you can look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Very interesting perspective. Never saw it that way. You look and think, how can someone love to gamble so much?? While other people see us the same way, how can someone like cars so much?? It goes both ways.

It's actually interesting this reminds me of a conversation I had with my friend last Sunday. I asked him to come with me to a cars and coffee. And while we were there we met a few guys and one of them happens to also vape (my friend quit smoking about a year ago because of his vape, so it's not for show lol). On our way back from the meet he explains how exited he got to meet someone that vapes too. I made a little fun of him while I had the opportunity, but then he said it's nice to have someone to share with the same hobbies you have. And it reminds me the same situation I'm in with cars and reminds me of your post in particular. It's interesting how this all works out. I guess it just takes a little more understanding how it's like in their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Hey man, everything has it's goods and bads. It only takes one to ruin the party for everyone. You can't fix stupid. Not to sound brand racist, but I've never seen that behavior from bmw owners, either American or Jap, but mostly American lol. Which is expected because you find a younger crowd in there. I wouldn't want to be involved in that either.

Which by the way reminds me, I just started attending a newly starting "cars and coffee" event in SoCal area. Made a few friends that day so slowly but surely expanding my car connections We just need more BMW guys
Name:  canyonrun.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  183.5 KB

My e39 looks like a Prius compared to the Huracan, Porsche GT4, C63, 335is. We had more Maserati's and Porsche's but they left along the way. Kind of odd way I fit into that but it worked out great! Took 2 friends that aren't into cars and are slowly converting too be. It was a good day
Appreciate 0