View Single Post
      08-31-2016, 11:28 AM   #16
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Interesting.

In my daily work I interface with car people all the time. All I can tell you is you can only take car people in moderation. When you get a group together it can get overwhelming. And when you hang out with them sometimes it's head shake inducing.

I recall attending a car show, where one of the participant was butt-pissed angry at a volunteer for holding him up for 5 minutes at the gate, threatening to run him over with his car. The whole time screaming "do you f**king know what I have here? It's a [insert whatever small block V8 is under the hood] pushing [insert 4xxhp]! It's a f**king one of a kind! Do you have ANY idea how much money I put into this? Get the f**k out of the way!" When the volunteer finally let him in the gate, he promptly did a massive burn-out with his middle finger sticking out...At an unpaid volunteer.

The guy drove a nondescript '60s muscle car. Not even a Camaro or Mustang. It was like a Chevy Nova or something.

My car guy friends get together like once every other week. If we get together weekly I probably would have quit hanging around with them a long time ago. There's really only so much "car talk" you can enjoy, IMO.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0