11-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #64
IronZ4M
First Class M
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E36 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
op means "orginal poster" lol sorry, forum speak...

just a couple of notes for you......as your using engine oil to lubricate/cool the blower, i now think its a MUST for an oil cooler, asa state the blower must not see more than 140deg c in terms of oil heat...... now... the top oil mark on our cars is 150 deg C..... Now ive never seen my cars oil get that warm but i definatly saw flashes of my oil get to 120deg C this summer after lots of hard use in 30 deg C + weather.......
Bear in mind my blower isnt heating up my oil as well as its completly independant of the cars oil... and also bear in mind im running a larger setrab oil cooler which added nearly another litre of oil......

with your blower using engine oil + the added performance + your hot country you really should look into oil cooler options.......

i am pleased to report the oil temp is much more "stable" with the cooler in place and the car can be used hard consistantly...... during normal running its runs very slightly cooler than stock, about 90 deg C.

right then........

update with your awesome pics please!!!
Thanks for clearing it for me . Oil cooling issue I'll be checking it tomorrow I forgot about it and thanks for the Info. actually I didnt know about it.

one thing I didnt mention the sound of the blower is wow . Something is like just amazing so close to a turbocharge sound.

'07 Z4MC l Alpine White l Supersprint Race Exhaust l Supersprint X Pipe l OEM Carbon fiber Spoiler l H&R Springs l Vossen VF051 l G-Power SK I 415 rwhp l RPI Scoop l ///M Performance Knop.
Appreciate 0