View Single Post
      10-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #40
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^i almost forgot about halloween!

i'd say austin since that's central for everybody. we can meet at barton springs and watch the dogs spoil themselves silly there. i've lived with dogs my entire life.

anyway, has anyone been pulled over while running their front license plate on the inside of their dashboard recently? i stumbled upon an article stating how the texas criminal court of appeals recently clarified 5-2 in favor of the front license plate having to be mounted to the front bumper specifically, even if the law-in-writing vaguely specifies the 'front of vehicle'. just wondering because this whole front license plate thing is getting annoying and i've gotten away with two warnings (both times i just had no front license plate at all) and have resorted to propping my front plate on the inside of the dashboard against the windshield, making sure it's fully visible.

afaik, texas law enforcement only uses front license plates for identification purposes (for example with redlight or speeding cameras) and not for laser speed enforcement. thoughts?
Appreciate 0