View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #1240
Beech-Z4
Rep
Drives: 2004 Black Z4

Window Noise

[QUOTE=imperigal;12743595]
I've experienced no issues with the car except for the last few months when my passenger side window started making a horrible squealing sound. It doesn't always do it, which is why it confuses me. I saw another post where the respondent said it would have to be a faulty window motor. However, it sounds like friction noise...rubber versus ???
Has anyone else experienced this? Any input would be appreciated!
I have a 2004 Z4 and I had a noise in my passenger door and squeak when I open or closed it. I could also hear a rattle when the door was closed. For a while I just tried to be careful closing the door but it actually slid down in one day. I took it to a local shop and they found that there was a bolt that was loose.
The good part was that it was only like $60 to get the window fixed however they had to disconnect the side airbag and after several attempts were never able to reset the airbag indicator light in the dash. I have to actually get it to a BMW Dealer to have it reset. I also need my 30,000 mile service anyway, just need to find time to head to the closest dealer about 1 hour away.
Not sure if this helps you any but it may be worth looking at. Just make sure the shop you take it to has the correct software to clear out any codes. If they have to open the door panel they will disconnect the airbag first so it does not deploy. It is BMW specific software and the local shop here said that the Z4’s are a European model and the general BMW software will not work.
Good luck and I am sure you will continue to love the car!!!