View Single Post
      02-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Spreadsheet
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2007 Z4MC

I'll add my thoughts as just installed the upgraded DME.

My car is an unaltered version, just a UUC Clutch stop is all.

I warmed it up and took it out for a for a drive, warming up the engine until the oil and coolant was up to temp (about 210 degrees).

Throttle response was better. I would give it about a rating of +2/3rds from original to Sport responsiveness. I used to use Sport on the freeway, but not around town as it was too much. I can use this new throttle response all day long. Test for me was in 6th, if I was cruising and turned off Sport, there was a definite drop in speed, not so with the new map, just barely. Old Sport was unusable for me in stop-and-go traffic; not so with new map.

I like it

The rpm range of 2,000-4,000 seemed to get an improvement in power...more responsive now. Rev limit has definately been raised.

It was hard to find a clear road due to Friday traffic, but the one I was able to do a short full acceleration run on was very good. Just a roll-on in 1st gear with what I would consider a lazey shift to 2nd still got a good chirp. Usually needs a more agressive shift for that. I would describe the change as pulling more freely through the lower gears. Not a major change, more subtle than that, but just a bit quicker through the gears for sure.

This is not my first BMW (4th) nor my first M (1995). I've had Dinan software installed on my 2001 330CI, seems comparable to that (engine and transmission). Not a life changing event, but you can tell the differences in responsiveness and character of the car.

Bottom line. Am I glad I purchased the software? YES. Did it meet my expectations? YES, but mine have been tempered by the knowledge of what can be extracted from BMW. Would I do it again? YES.

After I test drove my car, I received my RPI scoops. I have done a little modification and molded the scoop to better fit the opening by hand. Now that it fits better to me, I can't insert the screws without pulling the front facia. Good thing I'm on leave next week. I'll getter done for sure. I'll post my feedback of adding the RPI scoop one it's installed and the DME has a chance to adapt.

I know I am interested in the Stage 3 exhaust from BMS that seemed to work one Palantirion seemed to have worked great once he had the ESS software installed. At worst, I wold like the Stage 2 system. But the Stage 3 system with ESS software looked to have some awesome mid-range punch, just what I'm looking for.

Hope everyones DME made it back on time.

Spreadsheet
Appreciate 0