View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffchaPz View Post
OP - are you able to turn off traction control off.... hit sport mode and take off as fast as possible form a red light without loosing traction?

I ask.... cus I couldn't. Even thought I need new tires, I practice every time I get a chance and without loosing traction - When I do that I can see the speedometer clime up much quicker.

One time at a red light a dude in a little KIA with a loud exhaust got on my left side and rev it few times... I looked at him - it was clear he wanted some.... when the light turned green I sat on the same spot burning my tires while he took off.... once I changed to 2nd gear I caught up to him and past him - by the time I shift to 3rd... he was tiny in my rear view mirror... you know what I mean?

Don't floor it in 1st or 2nd... learn that trick and let me know if that helps.

I totally agree with what other members have suggested and I'm heading that way. I already have euro headers, I added my name to the list to buy DKF straight S-pipes and I'm ordering my tune this weekend. Now that it's cold/winter I hope to find me a good deal on ultra high perf summer tires. AND I'll be killing the mod-bug once and for all..... I hope

Drive safe.
Jeff.
lolwut? sport mode to launch faster in 1st gear? Don't floor it in 1st or 2nd?

1. Sport mode makes it really really difficult to launch this car at the limit of slip and optimal acceleration.
2. I have GOOD tires, and when they're warm, I go full throttle in 2nd AND 1st gear putting down at least 400rwhp with minimal wheelspin
3. The ideal launch isn't without wheelspin. Its with about 10% wheelspin

get some better tires, hit a real place you can learn to launch a car without going to jail (quarter mile racetrack), and then come back with advice. I don't like calling people out, but I couldn't just let this "advice" sit here.