01-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #21
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
the stock "brake vents" are useless.... they are good for cooling the edge of the tyre and thats it... lol!

Shame really because if their was space behind them to somehow connect a hose and run it to the brakes that would be a perfect solution but, their is no where near the required space, on this car at least these lower cooling vents are purely cosmetic. what we need is someone to manufacture some proper brake deflectors that bolt onto the control arms a La GT3s etc.

however with those backing plates, and some proper bumper inlets, we could a solution thats worthy of any Gt3 :-)
Byron, I meant if somehow we could modify the backing part black plastic bit on the back of the OEM intake hole.. and connect a 2.5 or 2 inch pipe to that puppy. If you pull the plastic flange, there is room enough behind there for a radiator, so a 2 to 2.5inch hose should fit, as Ian mentioned, the problem will be though the mount parts of the flange.. either that or completely do away with that bit and make something new that fits behind there..

next time i have the bumper off ill have a good look see, (that might be pretty soon as i foresee i am going to have issues fitting this OEM CSL Snork part of my intake)

kinda like these, minus the cost of course...

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-21...otorsport.aspx