View Single Post
      06-30-2015, 12:49 AM   #1
jdoublehcubed
Mechanical Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, Imola Red

Center Jack Pad Adapter

I'm thinking about having some aluminum jack pad adapters made for the front center jack pad, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group buy.

Whenever I jack up the front of the car, I'm nervous that my floor jack's lifting cup will accidently contact the aluminum stress plate and potentially damage it. This jack pad is designed to (1) automatically center your floor jack's lifting cup on the jack pad, using the hole in the center, and (2) raise the contact point up out of the lifting cup, so that the lifting cup's edge can't contact the stress plate.

I use FirstCut machine shop at work to order small quantities of machines parts like this. My plan is to 3D print it first to double check the size, then do a single order of adapters machined out of 6061-T651 and bead blasted. There are significant discounts for higher quantities. I had FirstCut quote the part for me. Here is the unit price at each quantity (includes $5 each for me to ship them out in USPS flat rate envelopes):

$60 each Quantity 5
$40 each Quantity 10
$33 each Quantity 15
$31 each Quantity 20 or higher

A screen shot of the CAD is attached.

Please post below if you're interested, and at what price you would be in. The lead time from First Cut is less than a week, so if we decide to do this everyone should have the parts in hand in no more than 3 weeks from the day I submit the order.

-----Interest List-----
1. JdoubleHcubed
2. Nate4641 (?)
3. itdnwiwbp (at 15)
4. Barryb97
5. Reborn_ (?)
6. Patrick Gent (at 10)
7. dschultz (at 10)
8. arsonism (at 10)
9. dalecan (at 10)
Attached Images

Last edited by jdoublehcubed; 07-17-2015 at 01:17 AM..
Appreciate 0