02-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #22
Bad_Pritt
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4R E85 2.2i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Looks really good. That's a lot of work you've put in, and I like the results.

Stick around, we're a good group, the badge is just one of those "things".

How much of a PITA was it to get the quad exhaust on there? Do you have a DIY? Looks great.
I had it done by a small garage in the Netherlands for 500 euro all-in. What they did was pretty simple: they took the OEM rear silencer of and replaced it with a small stainless steel sport exhaust with 2 pipes in and 2 out. On the left out, they put a Y-shaped stainless steel tip, on the right one they put a stainless steel pipe with another stainless steel tip at the end. So the pipe runs right behind the bumper, which has more then enough room. They did not even had to take of the bumper to mount it.

The only thing I would advise is mounting a small extra silencer on the stainless steel pipe going to the right, to silence the bass sounds you mainly get from the pipe at low rpm. It doesn't sound bad, but it is a little louder than the high sounds. Other possibility is to delete the mid muffler (what I will probably do) which is said to mainly silence the higher sounds...

This is not mine, but same principle:

You can also readily buy a quad exhaust from different manufacturers such as Eisenmann, Bavarian Autosport, Vivid racing, Supersprint etc... Just google it. But they are pretty expensive though, easily over 2.500 euro.