View Single Post
      04-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #64
ruscoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Will be 55 in a month. Started off as a geologist for a U.K. firm, and when they closed the Dallas office, oily jobs were few at the time (mid/late 80's) so I decided to retool myself. Boy did I *uck up. lol Got into Software development/database design and I completely burned out about 1 year after I got into it. But it's all I know how to do anymore, so I figure I'm here to stay. Got my PMI certification about 3 years ago, but I hate PM work too. If you can't tell, I HATE the I.T. field. lol I can't believe people actually go to school to learn how to do this. I can only figure that most burn out long before the career comes to a logical end.

First car was an absolutely pristine '67 Mustang Fastback 3 spd with the 289 my dad gave me when I got my license (soph in HS). Back in HS days, the only British or German cars you saw around the school parking lot were real beaters. The cars to have were American muscle. Some of my favorite early rides included that Stang, a Cuda, my SS 396 Chevelle, and a '69 Corvette. First BMW was an '82 320i I bought back in my first oily job after college and to date, it's still the worst car I ever owned. Took me almost 15 years before I returned to the fold. Have had a few since then. One day though, when I grow up, I'm going to get a P-car. Even if it does suck ever last penny out of the bank.