View Single Post
      01-28-2024, 03:54 AM   #1
AnotherZ4Owner
Registered
Rep
Drives: e89 z4

Bubbles in coolant bottle BMW z4 e89

I've had zero issues with this car for 7 years... Until now.

A few week ago I was driving along and my z goes into limp mode with an overheating issue. I pull over and check the coolant. It had been leaking so I topped it up. On the way home it keeps throwing the overheating light and I had to stop and pull over.

This part may be unrelated... The battery died. RACQ put a new battery in. It started, but shortly after the power would die completely when the car was turned off. Someone told me the seat modules often play up and could cause parasitic drain. Also the roof module can cause this, or an interior looking ght staying on. I pulled the fuses on all three. I put the battery on the trickle charger and charged it 3 times to fully charge it. Not the car starts fine and doesn't lose power instantly. So I'm guessing one of those modules has an issue.

However, I started the car and ran it for a few minutes. I checked the engine and there is a strange noise coming from the m the front. Could this be the water pump? If it's stuffed it would explain the overheating:

Then I took the coolant cap off (engine off) and water and bubbles are pouring out:

Now, besides a blown head gasket (which everyone has said on my past cars has been 'the issue' and which never turned out to be the issue) what could the issue be? I suspect the water pump is gone?
Appreciate 0