View Single Post
      03-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
mimarcos
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, 2017 S3 APR1

Installed new BBK on Z4M, question after install

So I just ordered the 4-front 2-rear BBK from RacingBrake. I'm looking forward to testing them out in the coming weeks (never have I wanted warm weather more, particularly after unpacking her for the winter last week).

When I drove the car away from the shop, it seemed like something was amiss. You know that feeling at the end of braking, when you get the weight-transfer backwards? As opposed to the feeling of coasting to a stop with the clutch disengaged? I was feeling that weight transfer while coasting. I noticed it the entire way home. When I pulled into my garage I heard an intermittent scraping

When the car was in the shop I got a call saying that there was an issue with the parking brake, that they had to "put a shim on the inside." I really don't know what that means, from my talks with RacingBrake, they told me there's an adjuster on the drum that should make the handbrake engage successfully.

Anyway, any thoughts on what this might be? The pad engaging slightly? The handbrake engaging slightly? From what the shop told me it's better but I need to drive it around a bit to get rid of it entirely. Does this sound right?

Thanks!