View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
This is what I do at the end of long straights. Hadn't given it much thought, but for heavy/long braking zones my heel/toe was lousy, and I sorted of tried various things and fell into this. (I'm always out on to the track with a plan and list of things to improve/work on. Guess I'm a bit OCD.) On shorter braking zones, lower speed differentials, the "street" method seems to work fine since I'm not so deep into the brakes.

+1 on going out with advanced drivers and instructors. My last time out with SeanK just watching his hands and feet gave me a few "ah hah!" moments, and opened my eyes to a few things.
Back when I was a student, I always make it a point to go ride with a different instructor each day, at least once. It's stuck with me ever since, even now, I ask one of my cohorts to go out for a ride at least once every event so I can observe and see what they do differently, and how it could potentially work in my own car.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0