View Single Post
      12-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #45
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm really not trying to flame here, but I think you are being unrealistic. And you don't seem to have a lot of experience with BMWs. The car Finnegan linked you to is an ideal answer to your quest. It's a 3.0si Coupe with 47,000 miles and for a great price IMO. Considering I have 30 years and over 850,000 miles of BMW ownership, I can sincerely say that car has years and years and years of life left in it. I bought my 2008 Coupe 3 years ago with 23,000 miles on it and have just changed the oil and driveline juices. It now has 75,000 miles on it. The N52 is easy a 300,000+ mile engine even with BMW's extended oil change intervals, I can attest to this because I have 2006 E90 with 338,000 miles. Other than the wimpy cupholders on the Z4, the car is pretty damned robust. The car Finnegan linked to will need nothing but oil changes and tires; it won't need hoses, a belt, spark plugs, or anything else for years. If you really want to waste some money, by the Z4 and get an aftermarket warranty if it makes you feel better and find a dealer or private shop that provides a loaner car.

I drive my 2008 75,000-mile Z4 350 miles a week; it alternates DD duties with the E90. I drive the E90 450 miles a week and it has 7 times the mileage the Blue 3.0si you could buy tomorrow. That's if I don't go get it on Tuesday...

Or, just get a Subie FRS or a Miata and call it a day. Both cars can be had new, with a warranty, for $30K USD.

My 2 cents.
I do have limited experience with.bmws but I do have experience with other older cars and the reality is they break down more than newer cars. I value the peace of mind and no hassles of newer cars...even with my 3.0si with only 35000 miles little things started to go in its 6th year and getting them repaired is still a hassle. i guess i prefer low maintenance in both my cars and women
Appreciate 0