View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
WestCDA
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4R 3.0si

The simplest solution would be to find a set of seats with a compatible occupancy sensor, in the color you want and with the options you want - but that might not be that easy to do. I'm a fan of the sports seats, so if I was making a change anyway I'd look for a set of those - but not everyone likes the snug fit, and they are even harder to find used.

Swapping the sensors means taking apart both seat bases and removing the leather cover to get at the sensor mat. As I believe the design and shape of the seats didn't change, and as the seats you are looking at are optioned the same, you could probably just swap the leather covers on the bases to achieve the color change you want. If you don't feel comfortable with upholstery work, an upholstery shop could probably do it for you relatively inexpensively - especially if you brought them the already disassembled seat bases.

I've never been a fan of the occupancy mat bypass option, as I don't like the idea of tinkering with the factory safety systems. Good luck with the project ...
Appreciate 0