View Single Post
      06-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
azadian2b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

It really depends on the point where the washer cover got disconnected. There are 3 main ways it appears to happen. 1)The mounting points on the top of the washer head themselves break. 2) The mount points dont break, but you lose the rocking connector piece and the actual cap. 3) You lose just the cap.

If case 1, then you probably need to order a whole new washer nozzle also. If case 2 (what happened to me) they do not sell (according to dealer) the connecting rocker piece (probably a 50cent piece of plastic) separate from the whole washer nozzle. I jury rigged a connector with some parts from a local hardware store because I refused to pay for a whole washer nozzle unit because of some stupid piece that could easily be made to be a separate part. Under case 3, it should be relatively easy to reattach the new cover, reach into the hole in your bumper and just pull on the washer head. This takes some effort. The mount points on the bottom of the cover should match 2 posts on the side of the rocker piece.
Appreciate 0