View Single Post
      08-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #34
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

I am on the M2 ED waiting list.. a 2 year waiting list. I figure since I am waiting, might as well get something to drive in the meantime.

My first thought was the 2017 Camaro 1LE. There's something to be said about a car that you can take delivery, change pads/fluid, and go straight to the track with a warranty. However I am having a hard time warming up to the looks, and like you said, there are a lot of high school and rentacar Camaro V6s. I know the V6 isn't in the same realm of performance but it kind of ruins the exclusivity.

GT350.. only the 'R' version does it for me. And it's $60k before the markup. I know it is selling quickly but that is much money for me to spend on a Mustang.

F80 M3. Nice car, maybe when I have kids.

E92 M3. Used ones are not much cheaper than a new SS, and a bit sterile on the street IMO.

So I came to the M coupe. I have always loved this shape since the concept came out in 2005 or 2006. And resale should be very strong. The stock brakes and diff will not be as good as the new stuff, but it is rare and has a 'special' feel inside and out. A good buy right now IMO.

Last edited by ClothSeats; 08-17-2016 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0