View Single Post
      03-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #40
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Just within the last few months a number of friends/acquaintances have purchased Caymans or Boxsters.

The first was a woman in our club that had an E92 M3 DCT she bought brand new about 2-3 years ago, then sold it and bought a used E90 M3 6MT because she liked the utility of a four-door sedan and missed the manual transmission. A few months ago she bought a used Cayman (the E90 M3 is still for sale).

Someone else in our club traded in their BMW on a brand new Cayman a few weeks ago. Since then he and his wife have both attended a Porsche HPDE and appear to be fully immersed in the Porsche world based on their Facebook posts.

A close friend that had a Z3 Roadster and then a Z3 M Roadster traded it in on a 2010 Cayman S about a month ago. He's always wanted a Porsche and didn't like the looks of the Z4 M Roadster/Coupe. He also wanted something newer and the Cayman is a CPO. He's in his 40's and this is the first car he's owned with a roof and with a non-manual transmission. He still has the Alfa Romeo roadster he bought in high school. He's looking forward to tracking the Cayman.

Finally, a club member with a 335D and a 2001 Boxster S is leaving next week for Euro Delivery on a 2014 Boxster S to replace the older Boxster.

Unfortunately, I have not been fortunate enough to drive any of them yet.

It almost seems like those who appreciate high-performance German cars eventually end up with a Porsche. I would still like to own one in my lifetime but my next new car will be a 2016 M4, although I'm not planning on selling the Z4 M Roadster.

Last edited by SD ///M4; 04-12-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0