07-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtech View Post
If the increase was a tax cost that pays for health care I might buy that but this is a cost set by manufacturers as MRSP. An Acura MDX made in Toronto costs 30% more to purchase than the same vehicle int he USA. The Canadian government gets the identical revenue from the manufacturer in both cases. It's nothing more than price gouging by the manufacturers.

On top of the higher vehicle cost we also pay higher sales tax which does go to support our social programs.

The gouging is so blatant that some manufacturers won't allow their US dealers to sell to Canadians under threat of losing their franchise....all to protect the dealers with the higher priced vehicles in Canada.

When I talked to the parts guy about getting a part for 1/3 of the cost from the US dealer he told me I was getting it below his cost...his hands are tied by the manufacturer.

So much for free trade.

That's my rant for the day...this issue really pisses me off.
Do you have any experience with Business Tax and Employer employee contributions in Canada vs. the U.S.? Buy It.
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0