antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
I live in Clearwater FL area. I had never owned a convertible before. I spent my first 30 years in NE Ohio, now 22 years in FL. I spent 5 months test driving all sorts of roadsters and was starting to give up on the 2 seaters and started looking at sporty convertibles, because I could not find the power, sexy good looks and handling in one package. I was also on a $20K budget. ( if I'd of sold my Datsun 240 Z with a brand new 3.1 Stroker FIRST...then I'd of had more to spend, it's still for sale at $ 25K ) I loved the '99 Z3M I test drove, but could not find a 01/02 in my price range. I wanted the S54. THEN, through luck, I saw a 06 Imola red/Sepang Bronze leather, extended heated seats, with leather interior trim. As soon as I was 5 minutes into my test drive, I knew I had found my car. Higher miles than I was looking for ( 55K, bone stock ) but completely babied and single local owner, who, owns a performance race shop. This is the most amazing car I've ever had. 4.4 0-60, 20% less rigid than the coupe, also 200#'s lighter. Driving topless is incredible. Quad exhaust is perfect. I will never let this car go.
It's warm enough here in Charleston to enjoy top down driving all year as well. Obviously in January and February there are some cold days where you leave it up, but most of the dead of winter here is 60 to 65 for a high temp. Nothing beats speed and handling in a roadster, in my opinion. I love the openness. A light jacket and some heat and I'm good to go. I love that area of the country you are in. I did business for many years with a company headquartered in Tampa, and spent year after year at the Don Cesar in St. Pete for annual meetings. Clearwater, St. Pete, Tampa ......... a great place to live
Appreciate 0