View Single Post
      02-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #52
JJZ4MR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I live in Clearwater FL area. I had never owned a convertible before. I spent my first 30 years in NE Ohio, now 22 years in FL. I spent 5 months test driving all sorts of roadsters and was starting to give up on the 2 seaters and started looking at sporty convertibles, because I could not find the power, sexy good looks and handling in one package. I was also on a $20K budget. ( if I'd of sold my Datsun 240 Z with a brand new 3.1 Stroker FIRST...then I'd of had more to spend, it's still for sale at $ 25K ) I loved the '99 Z3M I test drove, but could not find a 01/02 in my price range. I wanted the S54. THEN, through luck, I saw a 06 Imola red/Sepang Bronze leather, extended heated seats, with leather interior trim. As soon as I was 5 minutes into my test drive, I knew I had found my car. Higher miles than I was looking for ( 55K, bone stock ) but completely babied and single local owner, who, owns a performance race shop. This is the most amazing car I've ever had. 4.4 0-60, 20% less rigid than the coupe, also 200#'s lighter. Driving topless is incredible. Quad exhaust is perfect. I will never let this car go.

Last edited by JJZ4MR; 02-11-2017 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0