Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticstorm View Post
Thanks for the advice y'all.

Looks like first things first are:

1) brake pads (I've heard people like swapping pads between track and road. Why? Is it just noise issues or something else?)

2) brake fluid

3) brake lines

Regarding the wheels, I live in an apartment so it's a big hassle to keep an extra set of wheels around, let alone swap them. I'm a fan of looks off-track, so I'm looking into forged 19" Advan brand wheels. (8.5 kg Front, 9.2 kg rear)

Regarding tires, I just want to unmount my current Hankook V12s from my current 19" wheels and remount them to the Advans. Then upgrade to something else as you mention later.

Can I get a blessing on this setup?

Yes, keep the v12's especially if there's a lot meat left. Still think you can find better/lighter wheels than knockoffs, just have to be patient. Else, take a look at the Apex Arc wheels... even at new, they’re pretty affordable, lightweight, looks fantastic, functional and stronger than your average wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Brake lines aren't even necessary IMO the first few times out as long as their in good condition. Can't hurt, will help feel, but not a requirement.
Agreed, not necessary but if you're going to go through effort of replacing pads and flush, might as well do new lines. Plus they're pretty cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlift328 View Post
I can give the V12's a thumbs up for a combined street and track tire. I have used them for several DE and they hold up really really well. They do have pretty soft sidewalls so they roll a little but some extra tire pressure helps that. All in all I can recommend them. I use them on the road also as my car still does about 15,000 miles a year on the road. They are also really great in the wet and even hold up to cold temps here in New England.
Agreed, V12’s served me well in my first season of auto-x, first 4 track days, and 15,000 road miles in between.