04-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
J-Spec Dan
ALL RIGHTY THEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 STX Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Face first into a wall you say? Hmmm....I've seen video of runs at Waterford, and think I know the wall you're talking about. That's the thing that keeps me wondering if I should try ANY track. I couldn't afford the time or money to fix the damage, should there be any. I suppose you'd have to budget for it and/or get "track insurance" which I would need to research and see what, if any, is available. I hesitate to call my agent. They might just raise my rates at the mention of the word "Track"

More research to be done for sure and I think that joining the local BMWCCA might be a good place to start.
That particular event was a timed one-lap event. Kinda like an autocross but on the track. From what Adam (nmulax) told me this past weekend, BMWCCA will divide drivers up into three groups (beginner, intermediate, advanced). Here's more info: LINK

I don't think you have to worry about what happened to that particular E36 with these untimed events. It's all about learning to read the course with an instructor.