View Single Post
      01-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #76
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

ok ZUB.... and everyone.... ive got some nice info on these, had a detailed conversation with phil, instead of everyone asking the same question, hes firstly putting together some literature and graphs, Re the two mounts, now....... what a very very interesting converation and an utterly company in general.... these guys are vibration master techs basically and even talking to him i can see this guy has a passion about what he does!!!

so ...... firstly.....

the road mounts..... These have been specifically tuned to damp out the Resonance and vibrations that tend to happen at idle, this is why he's recommending these to everyone, hes also saying none of this type of vibration/resonance testing has been done on the race, they MAYBE ok but let me tell you, hes strongly suggesting that these are not the best thing for a road z4m...... BUt in the interest of science..... ill be the guinea pig, But just listening to his tone change as we discuss the race mounts on a road car tells me alot imo!!!

So what will happen when i put the race mounts on my car???

Well that was the question i knew alot of you was PMing me about.... soooo i asked the man himself, well it seems, they MAY, repeat MAY create a resonance @ around idle speed that creates like a diesel type sensation, this will dissappear at higher revs but this is where the tuning has been done on the road mounts, they have made them as STIFF as they can and tuned, tuned tuned to get rid of the resonance.....

My set arrive tomorow, i will aim to get them fitted immediatly.....

The road set are around 4 X stiffer than stock, the Race set are around 8 X stiffer.

now what was interesting was the conversation about the stock Tranny mounts.... Well.... all the guys that have swapped this out may want to look away.... not only does Vibra-tech say these are an incredibly well designed piece, he also said they are hugely stiff!!!! it will take serious testing to better those mounts, everything from the shape to the construction is top notch and a design Dream.... That comes from the scientists At vibratech....

Phil isnt trying to put people off the race mounts, hes just warning that these are hardcore.

Due to my stock mounts being so young and low on miles... 11k ill jump straight into the race mounts and give my honest review on them... Due to the balance of the s54, they may, just May not be that bad..... But.... i wont hold my breath....

Now a very important statement.... Just because the mount is Stiffer, its not controlling engine movement any better in reality, that is from the man himself..... The road mounts seem to have a huge amount of time and effort to make them what they are and They will offer NO, repeat NO added NVH, which is imo, incredible.... The reviews on the m3 forum, show this is correct....

BTW, the inserts are so cheap, if i tried these out and you prefur them, just but the race inserts and be done :-)

excuse any typo's..... this was typed in haste :-)
Appreciate 0