View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
EenyBear
Accidentally in BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4MC & R1200S

clutch stop - wow!

I know I'm preaching to the choir for many of you, but if you are still putting off doing this minor, inexpensive, simple modification... just do it!

After letting the idea slip for several months, I finally took a moment to replace my clutch stop with the little beauty below.

I cannot believe how such a subtle adjustment to the ergonomics of the cockpit can so dramatically improve the driving experience!

Shifts are slick as goose poop and virtually instantaneous (no rev drops, etc.).

edit - It occurs to me that this solves the core issue that was preventing me from seriously considering an SSK. I easily shift with the stock throw but I was concerned that an SSK benefit would be hampered by the free clutch action and not provide the improvement I was paying for. Now there is no free play... and maybe it's an excuse to reconsider the SSK. In a while though... this is fun all by itself.

I bought mine here (ebay link below) and actually swapped a couple of emails with the vendor. This is a well crafted product, a breeze to screw in, and IMHO an essential mod.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230820559306...84.m1497.l2649

Last edited by EenyBear; 11-01-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0