View Single Post
      07-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #58
nickpapa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetx2 View Post
For nickpapa, does your head unit sit flush by chance? What i mean by flush is that the oem head unit face is angled up. All aftermarket head units faces are "flat/straight" Since the faceplate is angled and your head unit is flat, the only way to make it sit "flush" (ie: not have the top of the head unit show more than the bottom) is for the oem face to have extra material..
sorry ive been a little late replying to this thread. the radio sits flush becuase the trim piece actually comes outward at the top to compensate the angle. i took a few pics to give you a better idea.

the radio im using is a pioneer 880prs. it has a stainless steel finish to it which matches the interior pretty well. the pic does not do it justice. it was the only high end unit (5v preouts,16 band eq etc.) that matched the trim.

the orange color is not stock. the 880prs has the option of being white or blue. what i did was ordered orange photo film, opened up the faceplate and put the film over the lighted areas. if anyone is interested in doing this, i got the photo film from http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/F.../roscolux.html and the color is #23. i had to double it up to get the perfect match.

the headunit originally looks like this without the film:

hope this helps
Appreciate 0