02-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
M Coupe 18" Wheels and tire combinations

I know this has been discussed at least 20 times over the years but when you search you get all kinds of combinations of 18 , 19, 17, different offsets, camber adjustments, arguments about colours and what a colour looks like in the sun - baffles me.

Our stock wheels are 18x8 E 42 F and 18x9 ET 32 R

Using the calculator

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

You can see what different offsets do to the edge of the wheel and the tire in terms of how far in or out of the wheel well it goes.

How much freeway space is between the stock wheels and the strut on the rear and the front?

I would like to bring them out almost flush with no rubbing anywhere and no adjustments to the camber.

I would like to run 235 0r 245 front and 255, 265 0r 275 rear.

18X9 E 42 front adds about 1/2" inside and out - can't see that hitting anywhere

18x10 E32 Rear does the same - SO Is there more space inside or outside the wheel and tire to play around with 0 I can't imagine 1/2 inch being a problem - even if the tire adds 1" both sides@

I didn't even mention wheel types shapes or colours cause thats personal preference and would just confuse me more!!

Thanks for any information or comments.
2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0