First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
welcome to the FI club.

The Power Steering pump lines are really stretched at their limits, to move it up there. On the intercooled kit, its even worse because you have a pipe rubbing against it, from what I remember.

Good luck with the rest of the install. Don't lose any clips!
The problem I had was that the instructions said to insert the new hose INTO the hose coming from the pump but that wasn't gonna work - so I took it off - the new hose in the kit goes up pretty well and you don't run it under the metal lines over the alternator. The front line is all curved but not too badly stretched if you unclip the two where they go under the radiator housing.

I guess it would be a lot easier if I had a hoist - hard to get to some stuff lying on your back and for example - the clips on the stock air intake - don't even bother undoing the plastic rivets - after you remove the rubber seal on the right side of the radiator - just pull the front part of the air intake off the back.

As well - UNLESS - you intend to put it back to stock - and I think even if you do I would cut the hole for the air filter hose as big as you want - if you put the stock one back on - seal it up with tape or something but to try and fit the 4" "flex" air hose that the K&N filter goes on through the stock opening is nuts. If you can - I'd cut it big enough to be able to clean and change the air filter by taking it off the supercharger rather than taking the whole front clip off @@

Away for a week - will update when back and the ECU is in Arizona getting re-programmed anyway. I will see if I can open up that opening without cutting off my hand or anything more important like the headlight washer hoses
Attached Images

Appreciate 0