11-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #15
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
I'm VERY GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE THE ADVICE Thank you all ! Nice to reach out. I'm stuck between the RE-71 and the RE -11. Under the advice of this forum and much additional research I'm between these two, RE -71 / 11. They are priced the nearly the same, tough to find available and have similar stats. Anyone have any wisdom/experience to share. Went to my local Tires Plus, $ 999.76 out the door. I asked for any other suggestions, he offered none. I loved my Nitto's, anyone try the NT-05's ? I could save a few hundred $.
Thanks JJ Going with F 235/40 / R 265/35

PS - Everyone agree best for my 06 Z4MR 18 OEM ?
Congratulations on the find, not far off from the 240 in styling eh?

Size, yes, for stock wheels I'd go with the F 235/40 / R 265/35 and avoid any pinch/crown potential. There's enough tire there to dissipate heat, not so much as to over tire the wheel for its size.

You could just plastidip the wheels for now and later buy some Apex wheels like ARC8s. Those are lighter, and deals come up from time to time in for sale that will be priced at about 2x what the repairs will be. Just a thought.

On tires I'm not a fan of the NT05 (absolute nightmare in any kind of wet, not great on track IMO) compared to other tires like the Super Sport, the Bridgestones, or Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Specs. I've ZII Dunlops and Super Sports on track and on the street, have friends who run the 11s and 71s on track. Both Bridgestones seem to have a bit more grip but wear a bit faster than the Dunlops on track from what I've seen. YYMD. Note: the NT05 isn't a "bad" tire, it's just compared to the other choices it's not a good.

I'm not enough of a Bridgestone user/expert to offer up choice 11 vs. 71.

Lastly, not sure if you are running a stock suspension or not, but, if you are an want to dial in more front camber there's a cheap way to do that!

Ask away on anything else!

Last edited by Finnegan; 11-26-2016 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0