Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
heres what i have on my Si
Rpi intake scoop
K&N drop in filter (im assuming its the one you put a link to)
Stebro Muffler
Veizu Tune

on the exhaust: the stock muffler is HUGE, once taking that out there is a noticable difference in throttle response and an increase in power as well (i compare against a friends car every time i get a mod) Since you have the euro headers already the only thing to change would be to swap the cats with a high flow, i doubt increasing the pipe diameter of the exhaust will make any differnce as it has two pipes all the way through so i wouldnt bother with a full system. Our exhaust is different than the M by a great deal so i recomend going under your car and you will see what i mean.
Aside from weight savings, I doubt the Stebro muffler gave you any gains. I don't even claim that my Bastuck midpipe & muffler yielded any gains. At most, you shaved few pounds and it increased sound. Thats why if OP is serious about hitting any hp #s, he shouldn't even bother with the exhaust and just go straight for the headers and cats, which is where most of the restriction lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
btw none of the exhaust for the si fit perfect from what i heard, that being said any reputable shop (with welding equipment) will be able to fit the exhaust perfectly, just with some work. On the stebro that i have the hangers had to be heated and bent to get the muffler to hang just right. You can see that is all that needs to be done to the ss muffler in the picture above, but to me a dual tip just looks much better. I have recieved many compliments on my exhaust from many different people. the sound is as good as it gets, but the in cabin sound is also probably louder than any other exhaust for our cars.
I'd say my Bastuck is 97% good in terms of fitment, which in my experience is probably as good as it gets after having done these same type of modifications on other cars. The only thing I had to fiddle with was the crossbar on the left side, and had to put a slight bend in order to let the midpipe run without contact. Here some pics of what's included in the Stebro and how fitment looks underneath. I'll try to post some pics of how it looks on the car.

and how it sits (not the best picture but you see the tips are pretty flush and even)

Last edited by 3002 tii; 01-14-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0