06-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh View Post
If I do the lower bolt and washers thing to dial in more does that bump me out of A stock? I know the camber plates would put me in a class I don't have enough money to compete in.

Really though I am not running SCCA events generally at all so it probably does not matter, I was just wondering if the bolts and washers would put me out of A stock.

245/255 sounds interesting, did the car feel pretty neutral or did it turn into more oversteer than understeer? I am looking for pretty neutral, understeer is not as fun. This would just be my event setup, I would go back to the stock understeer tires for daily driving 225/255.

Thanks for all the replys - I don't even have the car yet. I pick the car up tomorrow assuming nothing is wrong that I did not see yesterday. It has been a long 2 days waiting.
2010 SCCA rules, see bottom of page 75 and 76. I don't know whether washers are a "modification is specifically authorized by the factory shop manual for non-competition purposes." I don't know if it's really anything to worry about if you use them (not easy to spot like plates) and don't go too crazy--especially since it sounds like you would go with a more square setup for autox and revent to staggered for street. Maybe -2.0 on the front with washers and a square or squarish setup for autox? W/O pins some folks claim to have reached -2.0, so getting to -2.0 isn't beyond what the stock setup will support, in some cases--maybe I'm being a bit "flexible" in my interpretation of things however....
Appreciate 0