View Single Post
      10-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #314
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
Yeah, you need a big turbo to have big top end. Not sure I want the downgrade in throttle response and usable traction (on this chassis)

Other than the pulley, what else does the vt2-550 kit come with for the e46?

My friend has a very strong 996tt, which will always be faster, but I'm trying to build the ultimate daily driver

I weighed the volks, they're 17.5lbs each! The 19s I have on right now are 25.5lbs in the rear. The new tires are also lighter (28lbs), so I'm looking to lose 12.5lbs per corner
VT2 500 vs 550: Bigger injectors (don't say the size like the 500), IC only 1cm fatter, 80mm pulley, new belt, different fuel pressure regulator and new ecu tune.

IMHO the only a diet you should make on the car is to remove all the softtop system and buy a CF hardtop with plexan glass and improved aero. This lowers insanely the center gravity of the car which will be felt right way in the first corners. Next would be lighter wheels, seats and exhaust. Other than that is just a waste of money. Lighter 18" wheels + taller tires + 4.10 diff ratio, should become a good combo for the lack of TQ without suffering traction issues. Gotta learn with HPF higher stages folks.

Nothing beat the rush of 996/7TT turbos kick in. Those cars are no joke and with just a exhaust and tune become truly amazing.

Last edited by Tiago; 10-13-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0